Pages

Monday, 12 May 2014

Plodding Along

I am learning Norwegian. I am learning by audiobook, which means that my pronounciation isn't as bad as I'd feared, but I can't spell! I'm enjoying it though... not sure my Norwegian friend is, although she's being very kind and helpful when I try to speak to her in Norwegian!

I have to travel for work this week, so I'm looking forward to catching up on the next chapter of learning Norwegian, and I'd like to listen to the Book Thief, or some of it at least. I am reading the book and I loved the film, that will help to make the journey go a little faster!

I'm missing my Nordic Walking class this week, as I won't be back from my work's trip in time, however, I am taking Itsy for a walk up Runcorn Hill later on this evening, so I can take some photographs of her. I am also, being exceptionally brave, and I will be going for a walk on Sunday... Along the Wirral Way! I remember my parents taking us on this one, which is based in a disused railway line. I seem to remember that they hadn't realised just how far it would be for little ones, and they never took us again. But, I am going to take a picnic, a friend who knows where we're going, and we are going for a rather long walk, which will, I hope, be very good for me.

If it goes well, I may try other walks, I understand that there are, locally, walking groups, who have different levels of walk, including one which caters for parents and children, which walks in pretty places with tea rooms along the route for 'convenience' stops and cake! It sounds like it might be something we could take Itsy to as she is rather fond of the forest, especially the tea rooms (for hot chocolate and cake).

Busy on the reading front at present too. Book Club group read (to be read before 1st June) is 12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup. I am also in two other read alongs this month, one is reading Fleshmarket Close by Ian Rankin. It's a Rebus novel, which I've read before, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember whodunnit, which is rather annoying, because I am fairly certain that this one was one of the tv film episodes with Ken Stott in which was on television a while ago! Our historical group read is Elizabeth Chadwick's The Greatest Knight. I have read this before too, but not forgotten much about it! If you haven't read this book, then I must recommend it. I'm only up to chapter eight in my re-read so far, but I am loving it!

I will also, over the next few months, be trying to read as many of the physical books that I own, as I possibly can. The deal is, any that I collect, I can keep but any others, I should read and get rid of because we have entirely run out of space now! Any that I want to keep, I will need to purchase in e-book form!

However, just now, I need to finish up so I can walk up to collect Itsy, and take her for a walk up the hill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment