Pages

Monday, 3 November 2014

Book Club Film Night

A few months ago, our book club read The Book Thief. It was my recommendation after I saw the film at the cinema. Last night, we all watched the film (on DVD).

I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did, because, whilst there is obviously far more in the book, it is still a very, very good film. The things they have taken out of the story, the story survives without, it's still moving, heart-wrenching and lump-in-the-throat inducing. 

Watching it on DVD is still as good as watching it in the cinema, with the added bonus of being able to pause it to go to the loo, and alter the volume... oh, and we can ask questions part way through (I know that actress!!! Who is she?)

Nibbles were eaten, wine was consumed, talking about books happened (as did talking about other things).

If you haven't tried watching the film version of a group book at your book club, personally, I'd recommend it.

Anyway - not yet organised next month's book club, but I am hoping to have something a little bit special up my sleeve! I shall report back once I have managed to do a bit more organising!

No comments:

Post a Comment