Pages

Sunday, 9 November 2014

NaNovember...

Remember, remember, the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason, why gunpowder treason,
Should ever be forgot.

One of the highlights of the year, certainly in our family, is Bonfire Night. We're lucky to live in an area, in which our Local Authority puts on a large and rather impressive display on the gantry wall in between the canal and the river, so that it can be viewed from both towns. It's always on actually on Bonfire Night, and it's free. (Ok, so the council actually pay for it, and out of our council taxes, but on the night, there's no charge to go and view it, and besides, you knew what I meant!!)

Sadly, there is no longer a Bonfire (there used to be one at the Town Hall, and after that at Spike Island, but 'elf and safety reasons made it not be a thing any more.

Something that may surprise you, certainly given my usual blog posts, is that I didn't take my camera! 



Another thing about November, is Remembrance Sunday. This year it's actually on 9th as the eleventh itself is on Tuesday. But I will wear my poppy throughout the month, in remembrance of those who gave their today for our tomorrow.



Don't forget Children in Need (next Friday, 14th). It's a fantastic charity, and if you are able to make a donation to the cause, then please do.



Finally, National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which is a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel during the thirty days of November.
So far, I have written 18,233 words, and am slightly ahead of target, so wish me luck as I tap away at my Alphasmart, watching the words grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment