Week 11, Lent 5

Friday saw a total eclipse of the Sun. Sadly, the best place to see the total eclipse was the Faeroe Isles, which is somewhat further North than we are, so we only got a partial eclipse, but it was very close. There was an event at Wigg Island, and I was able to take some photographs. This is my favourite of those that I took, using a sheet of astro-foil I was given by someone from the astronomy or camera club!

Saturday saw LittleBit's primary ballet exam and I got some fun shots of her warming up, just the one on here though.

On Sunday evening, we went out for an early dinner with friends (a birthday celebration) before book club. We went to a Turkish restaurant called A La Turka and I can highly recommend the calamari and also the prawn and scallop shish kebab... oh, and the baklava, I like baklava anyway, and have never eaten it with ice cream before. If I'm brutally honest, I wasn't too fussed about the ice cream with it, but warm baklava... yum!

Book club had some new members, and we had a varied discussion. The book of the month for next month is Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett, and I pulled Redbreast by Jo Nesbø out of the blind-date-with-a-book bag.

Comments